Destination Battlefords is a partnership between the City of North Battleford, the local Hotels Association, and other partners.
Destination Battlefords is the primary source for information on where to stay, where to eat, and what to do in the region. Destination Battlefords’ vision is for the City and region to become a top choice for tourism and host destination for events, conferences, and conventions.
- North Battleford is home to the branch of the Saskatchewan Western Development Museum, which focuses on the agricultural history of Saskatchewan.
- The Gold Eagle Casino provides entertainment experiences for patrons in an event space that includes a licensed gaming floor, lounge, restaurant, and multipurpose conference facility.
- Head to King Hill look-out for a 360˚ view of the City or to the Battlefords Goose Project to view waterfowl, songbirds, and other wildlife.
- Armoury Brewing is a local microbrewery in a restored former armoury originally built in 1913.
- The 18-hole North Battleford Golf & Country Club is located on the scenic edge of the North Saskatchewan River.
- The North Battleford Kinsmen Indoor Rodeo, held annually in April, is sanctioned by the Canadian Cowboys Association and draws participants and spectators from all over western Canada.
- The NorthWest Territorial Days are held each summer.
- The Saskatchewan Pow Wow Calendar has details of all upcoming Pow Wows in Treaty 6.
- Across the river in the Town of Battleford is Fort Battleford National Historic Site, operated by Parks Canada.
- Located just 50 kilometres from North Battleford, enjoy the Crooked Trees/Crooked Bush which is a grove of aspen trees that mysteriously twist, bend and rope around each other.
- A short 30-minute drive from the city is The Battlefords Provincial Park with camping, fishing, boating, water sports, and swimming. There’s also an 18-hole golf course at the Jackfish Lodge Golf and Conference Centre.
Hunting and fishing
Get more information about hunting, trapping and angling about licenses, permits, and draws.
There are a number of local outfitters that can assist you from fishing to Waterfowl, to Big Game, and even wild Boar Adventures.