Ref # SUMLEAD01 - Summer Program Leader - May to August
This position is responsible for assisting with planning and coordinating all the summer day camps & youth specialty programs put on by the City through the summer months. Over the months of July and August they will lead Summer Day Camps along with the Summer Recreation Assistant Program Coordinator. May and June will be spent planning and promoting the summer day camp program and assisting with June is Recreation and Parks Month (Community BBQs) and the City’s Canada Day Celebrations.
- Must be a student (Highschool or Post- Secondary) and returning to school in the Fall.
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR “C”/AED Certification.
- High Five training (or willingness to obtain).
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ license an asset.
- Provide a satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the summer Recreation Assistant Program Coordinator with the delivery of The City’s InnovationPlex Day Camp program and June is Recreation and Parks Month events.
- Request supplies and equipment for programs.
- Maintain professionalism while representing the City of North Battleford’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Assist with the promotion of the City Day Camp Program to children and youth.
- Compile and manage documentation, such as permission forms and waivers, for summer programs.
- Set up and lead recreational activities.
- Ensure the safety of patrons.
- Ensure that safe work practices are adhered to.
- May assist in other areas of the department as necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
Competition Number: SUMLEAD01
Rate of Pay:
$15.63 an Hour (2024 CUPE Rates)
Hours of Work:
40 hours per Week, May to August 2024, Monday to Friday
Posting Closing date:
Internal (February 12) External (February 26) 2024
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.