Ref # PARKSTU - Parks Student Labourer - Seasonal - May to August
The City of North Battleford has Student Seasonal Labourer positions available in the Parks and Recreation Department. Reporting to the Parks and Arena Manager. This position is responsible for working on all aspects of parks operations. Operation of specialized grounds maintenance and landscape machinery is required. (Ride-on mower, weed whipper, etc.) This position takes part to ensure all operational safety standards are being followed for both workers and public. The ability to effectively communicate and maintain a tactful, service-oriented relationship with the staff and the public is required.
- Must be enrolled as a student in a High School or Post Secondary Institution and returning to school in the Fall.
- work in an outdoor environment in all inclement of weather.
- Safety tickets are an asset (WHMIS, First Aid & CPR).
- Experience in grounds maintenance and landscaping and is an asset
- Lift, push, pull heavy objects and stand for extended periods of time.
- Work effectively and efficiently within a team.
- Knowledge of basic tools.
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Provide a satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector upon hire.
Competition Number: PARKSTU
Rate of Pay:
$16.36 per Hour (CUPE 2024 Rates)
Hours of Work:
7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (May 6 to August 16)
Posting Closing date:
Internal (February 12) External (February 29) 2024
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.