Ref # LGINS001 - Lifeguard &/or Instructor - Part-Time - CUPE
The City of North Battleford has Lifeguard positions available at the Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre. This position is under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Manager and under the general direction of the InnovationPlex G.M. The primary responsibility of a lifeguard/instructor is to prevent drowning and other injuries from occurring and to provide quality swim lesson instruction based on the Swim for Life program. Candidates must be able to ensure the safety of patrons by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors. This person will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations. This position is responsible for lifeguarding and instruction, providing support to the Team Leader on duty, janitorial duties as assigned and maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Certification.
- Current Swim for Life Instructor Certification.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR “C”/AED Certification.
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Section upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize and respond to emergencies through knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Provide quality swim instruction to patrons based on the Swim For Life program of the Lifesaving Society of Canada
- Enforce pool policies while providing a high level of customer service.
- Attend and participate in regular in-service trainings.
- React to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Actively guard and scan the pool area while standing or walking for various lengths of time
Competition Number: LGINS001 - PT
Rate of Pay: Lifeguard/Instructor: $19.04 per hour (2024 CUPE Wages) Instructor: $18.96 per hour (2024 CUPE Wages)
Hours of Work: A variety of regular and re-occurring shifts are available (15 to 30 hours per week). We ask all applicants to submit a schedule of available days and times in addition to their resumes. Shift schedules will be determined by operational hours, available programming and candidate shift preferences as possible. Indicate which position is being applied for.
Benefits: Part-Time Group Benefits, MEPP Pension and corporate rates available.
Posting Closing date: When successful candidates are found.
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.