Ref# LGIN001 - Lifeguard/Instructor - Part-Time- CUPE
The City of North Battleford has Lifeguard positions available at the Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre. This position is under supervision of the InnovationPlex Manager and under the general direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation.
The primary responsibility of a lifeguard is to prevent drowning and other injuries from occurring. Candidates must be able to ensure the safety of patrons by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors. This person will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and
decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations. This position is responsible for lifeguarding, providing support for the Aquatic Supervisor on duty, janitorial duties as assigned and maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
• Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Certification or equivalent.• Current Standard First Aid/CPR “C”/AED Certification.
• Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Section upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Recognize and respond to emergencies through knowledge and application
of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Enforce pool policies while providing a high level of customer service.
• Attend and participate in regular in-service training.
• React to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and
on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
• Actively guards and scans the pool area while standing or walking for
various lengths of time.
Competition Number: LGINS001 - PT
Rate of Pay: $18.65 per hour (2023 CUPE Wages)
Hours of Work: A variety of regular and re-occurring shifts are available (15 to 30 hours per week). We ask all applicants to submit a schedule of available days and times in addition to their resumes.
Shift schedules will be determined by operational hours, available programming and candidate shift preferences as possible.
Posting Closing date: Until successful candidates are found.
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.