Ref # LG001 - Lifeguard - Casual - CUPE
The City of North Battleford has Lifeguard positions available at the Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre. This position is under supervision of the Innovationplex General Manager and under the general direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation. The primary responsibility as a lifeguard is to prevent drowning and other injuries from occurring. Candidates must be able to ensure the safety of patrons by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors. This person will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations. This position is responsible for lifeguarding, providing support for the Aquatic Supervisor on duty, janitorial duties as assigned and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Certification or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR “C”/AED Certification
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Section upon hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies through knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to enforce pool policies while providing a high level of customer service
- Attend and participate in regular in-service trainings.
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Actively guards and scans the pool area while standing or walking for various lengths of time.
Competition Number: LG001
Rate of Pay: $18.65 per hour (2024 CUPE)
Hours of Work: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm – Variety of shift schedules available
Posting Closing date: When suitable a candidate is found
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.