Ref # POC001 - Paid on Call Firefighters - Casual
Do you have a high level of integrity and a strong desire to serve the community of North Battleford? Are you interested in helping others by participating in a part-time role where you can help those in need through teamwork, physical readiness and quick response?
We are looking for Part-time Paid On Call firefighters to become integral members of our team who will play a key role in the delivery of fire services to the City of North Battleford. Part-time Paid On Call firefighters work alongside our career firefighters on shift.
Have we sparked your interest yet?
Duties and Responsibilities:
In the Part-time Paid On Call position, you will be provided with extensive training and have opportunities to obtain certification in fire fighting and rescue activities. You will be required to attend weekly training sessions and respond to emergency calls which can happen at any hour of the day and night. You will participate alongside career Fire Fighters in stressful, physically and mentally challenging situations which can be inherently dangerous, for which you will receive specialized training.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid class 5 Saskatchewan Drivers License with a clear driver’s abstract
- Must provide a high level RCMP Vulnerable Sector check
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly under normal and stressful conditions.
- Possess physical fitness at a level sufficient to carry out job related duties - this will include the requirement to successfully complete a physical fitness test
- Ability to complete medical examination, undertaken by a licensed medical practitioner as approved by the City of North Battleford
- Ability to swim (candidates will be required to participate in a swim test.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written & orally, in the English language, including the requirement to successfully complete a written aptitude test
- Reside within a (15) fifteen-minute response time of the Fire Hall
- Courageous, forthright and works well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Comfortable being in confined spaces and height
Per Policy# J6 $18.16 per hour