Ref # ROAD01 - Equipment Operator II - Full-Time - CUPE
The City of North Battleford has an Equipment Operator II position available in the Roadway Department. Reporting to the Roadways Supervisor, this position is responsible for operating a variety of light and heavy equipment to facilitate roadways maintenance performed by the Roadways Division. Job duties and responsibilities include seasonal maintenance, repair, and construction tasks as well as assisting other departments as required.
This position participates in an on-call hour after-hours emergency response schedule and occasional overtime as required.
- Grade 12 or G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Saskatchewan Class 3A with a G endorsement license.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate a minimum of 6 pieces of the following equipment: vacuum truck, backhoe, loader, grader, street sweeper, skid steer, excavator, packer, sanding truck, and plow truck.
- Knowledge and experience with repair and maintenance procedures for roads and sidewalks is an asset.
- Knowledgeable of cement work, ditch work, shovelling and working with roadway-specific tools is an asset.
- Previous experience with roadway operations, or construction, or municipal services is preferred.
- Demonstrated a combination of experience and training to perform the work required by City.
- Provide a clear satisfactory Criminal Record Check upon hire.
Competition Number: ROAD01
Rate of Pay: Year 1 $25.56 Year 2 $26.20 Year 3 $26.85
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 hours per week)
Posting Closing date: Until successful candidate is found.