Ref # PLAN02 - City Planner - Full-Time - OOS
Reporting to the Director of EPAI, the incumbent is responsible for the management, administration and operation of all land use planning carried out by the City. They will administer and review planning applications, conduct research and analysis of community planning issues and conduct community outreach on land use related issues. They will be required to make presentations at Council meetings and to represent the City at public meetings and Development Appeal Board hearings. The incumbent will also mentor and supervise planning staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in in the management and upkeep of property and building files.
- Review and act as signing authority for Development Permits.
- Mentors and provides guidance to the Planning staff.
- Provides recommendations regarding Zoning Bylaw, Official Community Plan Bylaw, and other planning-related bylaw amendments.
- Conducts research and builds reports necessary for economic, housing, and regional planning.
- Oversees Derelict properties administration and maintenance in conjunction with Building Inspection contractors, and Planner.
- Provide leadership pertaining to continuing the downtown revitalization.
- Participates in economic development projects and initiatives.
- Assists with public contact and outreach on Utility, Pavement, Replacement Projects (UPAR).
- Registered Professional Planner.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Regional and Urban Planning.
- Minimum five (5) years performing planning including one-year supervisory leadership.
- Experience working in a municipal government environment is an asset and understanding municipal infrastructure (an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of municipal planning strategies and land use Bylaws.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute.
- Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Familiarity with Safety Codes.
- Proficient knowledge of the development industry, land use planning issues and statistical analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of legislative framework under which planning applications and projects are processed. (Planning and Development Act, Statements of Provincial Interest, Cities Act and applicable environmental legislation).
To view the comprehensive job description please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Number: PLAN02
Salary: $100,894 to $125,732 (2023 OOS Wage Band 6)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 Hours per Week)
Posting Closing Date: Competition closes when successful candidate is found
1291-101st Street P.O. Box 460
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y6