Ref # GA001 - Senior Art Gallery Associate/Archivist - Full-Time - CUPE
To support the Manager/Curator of Galleries by assisting with all administrative activities and overall operations, while administrating public programming, collections care, collections management, exhibition activities, fundraising, and communication activities of the galleries by following the guidelines of the Saskatchewan Museum Standards. Responsible for mentoring and oversight including training of the Gallery Assistants and Volunteers. Gallery programming is diverse which seasonally affects work activities and duties on a weekly/monthly rotation basis.
- A minimum of 2 years Post Secondary Education in such areas as: education, history, media arts, library sciences, archival studies, or related work experience.
- Strong interest in art, culture, and heritage.
- Excellent customer-focused approach for troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Provide a Criminal Record check with Vulnerable Section upon hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the policies/procedures of the City or governing legislation. Implemented Saskatchewan Museum Standards, Gallery Policies, and other policies and guidelines as applicable.
- Actively encourage the development of the Galleries brand through the coordination of activities, events, and exhibits.
- Maintain best practices and assist in Museum Collection Care.
- Ensures that archival activities support and serve the mandate.
- Acquire, appraise, process, digitize, preserve and make accessible digital and physical records and objects of enduring value according to established professional and ethical standards.
- Assists in developing the galleries’ programs, program plan, and program schedule, and actively contributes to audience development to fulfill the galleries’ mandates.
- Develops and facilitates art and culture programming for children, youth, and adults, utilizing Gallery Programming Templates for approval.
- Manage and respond to all archival inquiries and research requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable in the Galleries’ services and programs while delivering excellent customer service to clients and the public.
- Assist with janitorial duties, litter pick up and weeding.
- Mentor and support new staff members.
- Provides volunteer communication, coordination, scheduling, and supervision of the Historic Volunteer Committee and plans volunteer appreciation events and activities.
Competition Number: GA001
Rate of Pay:
$23.28 per hour (CUPE 2023 Rates)
Hours of Work:
8 hrs/day; 40 hrs/week; rotating schedule within recreational programming.
Posting Closing date:
Until a successful candidate is found
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.