Ref #EPA001 - Administrative Assistant - Full-Time - Out Of Scope
The Administrative Assistant's provides administrative support services to two divisions, including a Director, a Senior Manager and their staff. Primary responsibilities are the processing of building-related permits, and business licenses, directs/screens phone call requests from the internal staff, public, contractors, and suppliers and relaying the relevant information to the correct individuals within the City. The role also participates in confidential administrative and scribing work for the human resources team. This role provides administration support during, but not limited to staff meetings, investigations, committee meetings, and collective agreement negotiations. There is a high level of customer service and professionalism required in this role due to the sensitivity of confidential information that is processed.
- Grade 12 with a Business Administration Diploma or a combination of education and experience that is equivalent and deemed acceptable by the City.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience including confidential scribing
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working in a municipal or government environment is an asset.
- Must possess key skills such as active listening, note-taking, scribing, and letter writing.
- Exceptional organizational & customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive applications and determine the type of permit required.
- Process and issue permits to builders, contractors, and other individuals for all construction, modification and repair of buildings, electrical, plumbing, mechanical or gas projects; house moving and demolition and certificate of occupancy in conjunction with the Planning team.
- Assist builders, contractors, and property owners in making application for various types of permits and advises applicants on requirements.
- Receive, review and process new license applications, issue licenses and issue license renewals in conjunction with the Planning team.
- Provide information to new businesses seeking business license information.
- Prepare regular monthly reports from invoices.
- Monthly accounts receivable/payable administration.
- Order equipment, parts, office supplies, and clothing.
- Submit contractor's invoicing and payments to the Finance Department.
- Perform a variety of confidential clerical, data entry, and technical/administrative support duties in relation to the Human Resources and EPAI departments.
- Provide office support by photocopying, filing, data entry, laminating, binding, and scanning as needed.
- Scribe confidential notes, drafts and verbal instructions.
Competition Number: EPA001
Rate of Pay:
$57,623 to $71,809 (2023 OOS Wage Band 2)
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 Hours per Week)
Posting Closing date:
Until successful candidate is found.
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.