Ref # ROAD03 - Roadways Labourer - Temporary Full-Time - 6 Months - CUPE
This posting is subject to incumbent revert clauses as per CUPE Article 15.05
The City of North Battleford has a labourer position available in the Roadway Department. Reporting to the Roadways Supervisor, the seasonal labourer is responsible for providing general labour and day-to-day construction and maintenance on municipal roads. This role performs manual duties while utilizing hand and small power tools and is assigned a specific number of tasks to complete each day. The labourer also drives light vehicles, operates patching/paving equipment, and participates in a team environment while ensuring safety procedures are adhered to.
- Grade 12 or G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s license.
- Demonstrated a combination of experience and training to perform the work required by City.
- Previous experience with roadway operations, or construction, or municipal services is preferred.
- Ability to complete laborious work in all inclement of weather, including standing for long periods of time.
- Safety tickets are an asset (WHMIS, First Aid & CPR, H2S, Flag Person).
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
- Experience working in a municipal government environment is an asset.
- Must have a valid, Saskatchewan Drivers Class 5 License along with a clean driver abstract. Class 3A license is an asset.
- Provide a clear satisfactory Criminal Record Check upon hire.
Competition Number: ROAD03
Rate of Pay: Year 1 $21.56 Year 2 $22.42 Year 3 $23.31
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 hours per week).
Posting Closing date: May 24 (Internal) and May 31st (External)
1291-101st Street P.O. Box 460
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y6