Ref # ET001 - Engineering Technologist - Full-Time - CUPE
The Engineering Technologist is responsible for providing engineering support to the City Engineer. Work will include engineering design and drafting, topographic survey, construction layout survey, construction inspection, coordination and approval of curb crossing permits, and utility servicing.
- Minimum Civil Engineering Technologist diploma or related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered in the absence of a Technologist diploma.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience of progressive engineering experience in Municipal Engineering.
- Experience working in a municipal government environment is an asset.
- Certification or eligibility for certification, as an Applied Science Technologist by SK Applied Science Technologist and Technicians.
- Experience directly related to land development engineering and approvals is an asset,
- Experience directly related to the design and construction of municipal capital works projects is an asset
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License
- Provide a clear satisfactory Criminal Record Check upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and design of municipal infrastructure.
- Topographic and construction layout survey.
- Construction inspections, recommending final acceptance of City services and security reductions.
- Assist in preparing construction tendering and contract documents including preparation and updating of specifications and details.
- Assist in preparing municipal standards for utilities, roads, and pedestrian facilities.
- Review, approve and administer Site Alteration and Fill Permits, municipal water and sewer service connection permits, driveway and entrance permits, and utility location approvals.
- Respond to procedural and customer inquiries.
- Accept and check plans or applications for required information.
- Keep and maintain detailed records.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
Competition Number: ET001
Rate of Pay:
Year 1 $31.99 Year 2 $32.79 Year 3 $33.61/hr. (2023 rates)
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (40 hours per week)
Posting Closing date:
When suitable candidate is found.
The City is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation according to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, please let us know in order for us to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.