Following extensive discussion which included hearing from two Saskatchewan Health Authority medical professionals and a concerned member of the public, City Council voted to amend the proof of full vaccination or provincially approved negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours policy for City facilities to allow for certain exemptions to the policy.
Please note: The Allen Sapp Gallery – Gonor Collection, the Chapel Gallery and the NationsWEST Field House are currently subject to provincial regulations. We recommend checking the Government of Saskatchewan website for information on proof of vaccination or negative test result requirements for these facilities.
Please note the following exemptions from the additional requirements in all other City owned and operated facilities:
- All health care related rentals, for example, blood donation clinics or vaccination clinics;
- All religious worship services, event organizers and participants;
- Anyone age 18 and under.
All patrons 19 years of age and older are required to present proof of full vaccination or provincially approved negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours to access the following City facilities commencing November 30th:
- Battlefords CO-OP Aquatic Centre
- Northland Power Curling Centre
- Access Communications Centre
- Don Ross Community Centre
- Don Ross Arena
- Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
This policy does not override any similar requirements approved by the boards of the renters of third party leased properties such as the Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts and the Northland Power Curling Centre. Please refer to their websites or contact them directly for more information.
The policy is based on recommendations from the provincial government. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination will include:
- QR Code on your mobile phone (screenshot from MySaskHealthRecord or SK Vax Wallet app)
- QR code printed from MySaskHealthRecord
- COVID-19 vaccine certificate printed from MySaskHealthRecord
- Wallet cards received at time of immunization (Saskatchewan Health Authority or Indigenous Services Canada)
- Proof (electronic or in writing) issued by another province, territory or government.
For proof of negative COVID-19 testing, any of the following COVID-19 tests administered at a testing site approved by the Minister of Health will be considered acceptable:
- A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for SARS-CoV-2
- A point-of-care antigen test for SARS-CoV-2
- Any other test for SARS-CoV-2 approved by the minister of Health
Self-administered Rapid Antigen Tests will not be accepted as those tests are for self-monitoring/testing purposes only.
For a list of approved testing sites, please visit the Government of Saskatchewan website.
The policy will be reviewed at the first Council Meeting of each month with the next review occurring December 13th, 2021. Should the provincial government pass equivalent or more stringent requirements, this policy will be automatically repealed.
For more information:
David D’Eon, Public Relations
306 445-9155 | email@example.com