The City of North Battleford Fire Department responded this morning to a structure fire in the 1300 block of 108th street.
Upon arrival, personnel found a working structure fire in the south half of the duplex. Fire personnel were able to gain access quickly and contain the fire to the main floor of the structure.
Three occupants were home at the time and all made it out safely. They credit the smoke alarm for waking them, driving home the point that working smoke detectors save lives!
The cause of the fire at this time is believed to be an electrical short in the family’s Christmas tree.
For more information:
Dustin Tungilik MacDonald, Communications Administrator
306-445-1713 | firstname.lastname@example.org