The City of North Battleford is pleased to announce the signing of a new collective agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 287. The agreement was executed by the City and Union representatives at the Council meeting held Monday, June 25th.
“On behalf of the City Negotiating Team, I would like to recognize the CUPE Union Committee for the hard work and effort that went into completing this bargaining process.” said Human Resources Director Trish McConnell at the Council meeting, continuing “The parties worked collaboratively negotiating a contract that improves many employee aspects while still maintaining policies for operations to ensure excellence in service to our residents and businesses.”
Acting City Manager, Director of Leisure Services and member of the City negotiating team Bill Samborski adds “The City is appreciative for the conversations and processes that took place to create this agreement moving forward. Together with our CUPE employees, we strive to offer the best possible services to the community and to be an employer of choice to our valued workforce.”
A high level of cooperation, respect and trust allowed the City and Union to negotiate a new collective agreement that is mutually good for Workers and the City. Some of the highlights of the agreement are:
- Agreement expiration changed to expire at the end of the calendar year, in line with the majority of other municipalities
- Market adjustments for some positions in order to maintain internal equity
- Annual increases to positions not receiving market adjustments
- Retroactive payments for Employees and for retired and laid off Employees
- Creation of a Joint Position Description Review Committee
- Allows for review and sign-off on qualifications and primary duties of all CUPE job descriptions
- Committee will develop a training policy to assist in job advancement. Requiring Council approval prior to implementation
The City of North Battleford is proud of this agreement and proud of its employees. This current agreement expires December 31st, 2019.
For more information:
Trish McConnell, Director of Human Resources
306-445-1714 | firstname.lastname@example.org