Unidirectional Flushing 2021
May 15th, 2021
7:00pm - 7:00am
More information here https://www.cityofnb.ca/resident_services/undirectional_flushing.html
“WATER MAIN FLUSHING” signs present on your block indicate that you will be affected by the unidirectional flushing that night. You can continue with normal water use until 7:00 pm that evening. In some cases, water main flushing of a block may take a few nights. In these cases, residents may use the water as normal from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Follow these tips to protect your home and goods from discoloured water and sediment produced from the flushing process:
- Do not use any taps after 7:00 pm
- Fill your bathtub or pails before 7:00 pm for water to manually flush toilets
- Set aside a store of water for washing hands, washing dishes and consumption
- Turn off your water softeners, freezer or any other devices that may use water
- Run the water from an outside tap for 10-minutes or until the water runs clear (if necessary)
- Restart your water softener, freezer and any other devices that were turned off
Please note the City will not be responsible for any problems created by NOT following these Tips.